Arden Hills, MN
Dana is a partner with Atkinson Gerber Law Office. She practices in the area of workers’ compensation. She is an active member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, advocating for injured people across the state. She is a recurring contributor to MN Trial, a quarterly magazine for legal practitioners. She teaches continuing legal education classes on topics relevant to workers compensation. She and her partners established an annual diversity scholarship aimed at increasing diversity through the University of St. Thomas Law School. Dana also speaks Spanish.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2007
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: Mass Communication
- Minor: Spanish
- Ellen Forrest v. Children’s Health Care et al., 2019, Minnesota Supreme Court, 921 N.W.2d 555
- Successfully litigated and obtained an Order awarding medical cannabis to injured worker.
- Successfully litigated and obtained an Order awarding complicated back surgery.
- Successfully litigated and obtained an Order awarding total knee replacement.
- Successfully litigated and obtained an Order awarding neck surgery.
- Obtained settlement of $200,000+ for work related wrist injury.
- Obtained settlement of $200,000+ for work related back injury.
- Obtained Dismissal of Petition for Contribution for client, 2015
- Obtained hearing verdict awarding 100% of claimed damages in a case of apportionment/contribution and disputed nature and extent of damages, 2015
- Successful Opposition to Summary Judgment Motion; Decided on the pleadings, 2015
- Successful Opposition to Summary Judgment Motion in legally complex workers compensation case; Decided on the pleadings, 2015
- Workers Compensation victory on a case of disputed primary liability; at Hearing obtained verdict of 100% damages, 2015
- The Expanding Doctrine of Inferred Intent, Writer, Writer, Defense Lawer, MDLA, 2014
- Presentation about workers compensation subrogation, Co-presenter, MN Workers Compensation Summer Seminar, 2013
- What you need to know to stay out of the Court room, Speaker, Tree Care and the Law, MN Shade Tree Short Course, 2013
- Independent Medical Examinations, Speaker, Woodlake Medical Annual Seminar, 2012
- Handling the Car Crash Seminar, Speaker, MN Association for Justice, MN Association For Justice, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Rising Stars, 2016 - 2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023