How Can I Maximize My Workers’ Comp Benefits?
After a work-related injury, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. What you might not realize is that there are steps you can take to make sure you are receiving the maximum amount of compensation available under the law.
One of the most common questions our attorneys hear at Atkinson Gerber Law Office is, “How can I maximize my workers’ comp benefits?” We offer the following pointers to help you make the most of your benefits following a workplace injury:
- Seek medical treatment with the best physician available. Don’t opt for a doctor recommended by your employer’s insurer.
- Stay in frequent contact with your health care providers. If your injury worsens or changes in any way, make sure to contact your doctor.
- Stay in regular contact with your qualified rehabilitation consultant (QRC).
- Make sure you have appropriate work restrictions for tasks you can physically perform at your job. If you are unable to perform work under your work restrictions, discuss this with your doctor right away.
- Keep your employer updated on your work restrictions.
- Always tell the truth.
- Follow directions and advice from an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer.
Our team at Atkinson Gerber Law Office can help you through every step of the workers’ compensation claim process. We are available to answer your questions and provide you with experienced guidance every step of the way. When we assist injured workers, our goal is always the same: to help our clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation available.
Contact Our Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Law Firm
To schedule a free initial consultation call 651-333-3636, or contact us online. We can be reached 24/7 with our after-hours answering service and are available to schedule consultations to meet at your convenience. If your injury prevents you from visiting our staff in the office, we are happy to make home, hospital and off-site consultations by appointment. We represent clients in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and statewide.